Follow a Twitch channel
When you come across an entertaining streamer or channel that you enjoy watching, you may want to follow him/her. Following a channel means that whenever the broadcaster starts streaming, you will be notified via email so you can watch the stream as much as possible and show your support. Unlike subscription, following is free and you can follow as many channels as you like. With BetterTTV installed, you can also get on-site and desktop notifications when the channels you follow go live. The instructions below will show you how to follow a Twitch channel.
- Go to https://www.twitch.tv. You will have to sign in to follow a channel.
- Go to the channel you want to follow.
- Click the follow button "" above Twitch video player on the right to follow the channel.
- A window will drop down when you click "", turn on the Notify me when the broadcaster goes live toggle.
- You can see all the channels you follow when they go live by selecting Following on the sidebar on the left, or at the top right if you're in Twitch homepage.
You can also manage channel notifications of all the channels you follow in Twitch settings.
- Go to Settings by clicking your username in the bottom left corner of the page and choose Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom and find the MANAGE CHANNEL NOTIFICATIONS section. This is all the channels you are following, manage your channel notifications by checking/unchecking the boxes on the right of the channels' name. You can also so unfollow a channel here by clicking unfollow next to its name.
- Remember to save your changes, click Save Changes.